- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: PROVIDER IT & SERVICES
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: vitaler.com
- Company Address: 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #8500, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, US
About VitalWe’re on a mission to build beautiful and intelligent software for providers and patients.
We’re looking for a Head of Integration to join our remote-first team. This is a full time position. As a remote-first company, the successful candidate can be based anywhere in the US. As Head of Integration, you serve a significant leadership role at Vital with the opportunity to influence and guide:
- Quality of interfaces and interoperability with underlying healthcare systems;
- Strategies & opportunities to bring greater value to our clients both in terms of optimizing the Vital solutions as well as providing additive value to their technology stack.
- Company messaging and competitive positioning based upon distinctive integration capabilities and processes.
You will lead the development and operation of a world class integration team sought after for its expertise, efficiency, and guidance.
🛠️ Vital builds software for care teams & patients, with a focus on the Emergency Room (ER) experience. We use AI/ML to transform the care experience, increase patient & staff satisfaction, and increase revenue for our clients.
💡 We provide hospitals with a modern UI and AI layer, which we deploy with our seamless implementation process.
🏥 There are more than 140 million visits to the ER every year in the US. Our mission is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
Vital + Integration
- Integration at Vital designs, builds, and maintains the data integration feeds between health systems, partners, and Vital to power our products and services that deliver real value to our clients.
- This role will be deeply involved in all aspects of healthcare integration at Vital, from sales and product delivery to ongoing operations, and ultimately own Vital's integration strategy and roadmap.
- You'll be a strong leader to our action-oriented and dynamic Integration team, including team supervision, staffing needs (long and short term), training and development, performance management and professional development.
- You will have the opportunity to influence and guide impactful pieces of work. This includes the depth and quality of interfaces and interoperability, product direction and competitive positioning based on distinctive integration capabilities and processes.
- Vital provides a distinctive care experience. This role will help to identify opportunities and strategies to bring greater value to our clients both in terms of optimizing the Vital solutions as well as providing additive value to their technology stack.
- We're always looking for ways to improve the way we work. Defining new product and product capabilities, and exploring partnerships with organizations to bring efficiency to the integration process, will form just part of the enhancements you'll be involved with.
- Data is very important to us. Our core products and insights are backed by our data feeds, so reliability and high availability for these feeds is critical. We make data-driven decisions to improve the quality of the feeds, as well as improving the context those feeds provide on the patient’s visit.
- Due to the criticality of our data feeds, Code is deployed only through rigorous process, and only after crucial testing, both automated and manual, and proper sign-off. We prefer to catch potential issues as early as possible, so we continually invest in our integration experience tooling.
- Our Integration team build, maintain, and support our data feeds. As such, all of our engineering team, including leadership, participate in our on-call roster.
- Our team has adopted asynchronous communication as our preferred form of working together. We eschew unnecessary meetings, write documentation, draft idea documents, and utilize the Slack “Do Not Disturb” functionality.
- Work is prioritized using a Kanban approach (we tend away from fixed length sprints), and we constantly improve our approach & methodology as needed.
- We’re looking for a healthcare-focused integration leader who can hit the ground running, working across our integration and data tech stacks. You’ll need to be comfortable with the technical complexity that comes with working in healthcare - so comfort with HL7, healthcare systems, data pipelines, and common integration engines is important, as is a working knowledge of the business side of healthcare.
- We're looking for a great leader with experience mentoring those earlier in their careers & someone who has had the highs and lows of success and failure from previous software integration projects. Failures are often full of good lessons, and we want you to bring those lessons to Vital.
- Communication is important, especially with a remote-first team. You need to be a confident communicator who can educate, guide/consult and reach agreement with prospects/clients on robust integration plans based on targeted client outcomes. Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is essential.
- This role requires canny and innovative integration design and execution. A university, polytechnic, or college degree is a good indication but we are flexible for a candidate with a strong, relevant background.
- You’ll be making important decisions on a regular basis. Our preference is for pragmatism, rather than idealism.
- Grow your skills! We will provide you with opportunities to grow professionally, and we expect you to contribute positively to our team, tools, and processes.
- We’re working on problems which have a real impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, patients get better care.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We believe this approach will help us attract and grow a diverse bunch of talented people that are supportive, calm, clear, empathetic, and results-oriented.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You’re not expected to put in wild hours, that’s just not what we do.
- You’ll get a competitive salary.
- We’re constantly improving our systems and processes, and you’ll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Our US-based team gets unlimited PTO, ensuring you can take vacations as you need.
- We provide our US team with competitive health, vision, and dental packages (100 % premium covered for employees + dependents), life insurance & a 401(k) plan.
- Access to an annual professional development stipend & a stipend for your home office set up!
Hiring @ Vital
Does this role and organization seem like a good opportunity for you? If so, have a read of our code of conduct, then fill out an application. From there, we will be in touch.
There are three stages to our interview process, as follows:
- Culture & Screening. This is where you introduce yourself, and we introduce ourselves and the company, explaining what we’re about, why we’re doing what we’re doing, and the type of person we’re looking for.
- Technical. This is where we’ll sit with you and talk about technical problems relevant to the role you’re applying for, looking to see if you can demonstrate the skills required to fulfill the role.
- Executive. This is where you get to meet our leadership team and ask questions about the company and its founders/leadership team.
We are committed to providing all candidates with constructive feedback during this process.
Vital was founded with the goal of providing modern healthcare software to providers and patients everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances. We’re striving to build a diverse and inclusive team who are equally as passionate about our mission as we are - that being said, if you are excited about improving healthcare and patient experiences, but don’t think you tick every box in our job ad, please still consider applying - we’d love to hear from you.
Vital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.